The Samsung Captivate users doesn’t need to wait for the official android 2.2 OTA update anymore. The official android 2.2 froyo build for the Samsung Captivate have been leaked and is available to download. You could download the android 2.2 froyo and update your Samsung Captivate to it. The following are the changes involved in the android 2.2 build for the Samsung Captivate.
Colored icons in settings
Android 2.2 search widget
GPS, Auto Rotation on notifications bar
Darker menu theme
Pop up notifications are darker
New â€œDevelopment USBâ€ icon
New app icons (AllShare, Clock, Calendar,
Better Exchange support
Android 2.2 Market improvements
Improved notifications bar icons
Pinch to zoom homescreens
Adobe Flash Player 10.1 available in Market and working!
Video records in .mp4 format
Here are the instructions to update Samsung Captivate to android 2.2.
We are not responsible for broken devices! This update erases everything on your phone, so back up your data!
What youâ€™ll need:
1. .exe Odin Flasher file
2. If you havenâ€™t already configured your PC to connect with your Captivate:Â
â€¢ Samsung Drivers: HERE
â€¢ You may also need the Galaxy S drivers to get USB connectivity to workâ€¦ 32-bit or 64-bit
3. Android SDK (optionalâ€¦ for â€œadbâ€)
1. Download the Android 2.2 Froyo update from designgears (the exe Odin flasher)
2. Make sure your Captivateâ€™s USB cable is plugged into the computer but not the phone.
3. Open the .exe file on your Windows PC
4. Put your phone into download mode by turning it off, holding down the volume keys and plugging the phone into your computer with the MicroUSB cord
5. The .exe from designgears should now recognize your phone.
6. Click â€œStartâ€ to begin!
7. Once itâ€™s done, let it reboot itself up!
Download all the files from here.