The Samsung Intercept on Sprint gets the Android 2.2 Froyo update. This update is currently available for Sprint carriers only. Virgin Mobile carriers in US will have to wait a little bit longer before they can use Froyo on their Samsung Intercept. After the release of Android 2.3 Gingerbread, manufacturers are forced to update at least to the previous version Android 2.2 Froyo. Now that the Android 2.3 Gingerbread source code is released, manufacturers can port Gingerbread to their devices!
Here are the improvements the Froyo update brings to the Samsung Intercept :
- Sprint Navigation
- Dropped calls after unacknowledged call waiting
- Force Close message when opening up contacts
You can update your device Over The Air (OTA). If you did not get the OTA Promopt, you can get it manually by:
- Go to the Home screen and press Menu.
- Navigate to Settings->About phone->System Updates->Update Firmware.
- The device will search for updates and follow the instructions there to update to Froyo.
Follow us on twitter or subscribe to our feeds to get your daily updates.