The Aero theme in Vista/Windows 7 has a variety of features like transparency effect, glass effect etc that could make Vista/Windows 7 look better and more beautiful. Â But if you apply Aero theme without the required system requirements, then it could slow down Vista/Windows 7. So, to speed up Vista/Windows 7, you should change Aero and put any other simpler theme. To change the Aero theme in Vista/Windows 7, just follow the steps given below.
1. First, open ‘Control Panel’.
2. Then click on â€˜Appearance and Personalizationâ€™ button.
3. From the window that appears,Â click on â€˜Customize colorsâ€™ button under the â€˜Personalizationâ€™ option.
4. Click on the â€˜Open classic appearance properties for more color optionsâ€™ option located atÂ the end of the page that appears.
5. Now, in the â€˜Color schemeâ€™ option you can change to any other simpler Windows appearances other than Windows Aero i.e. â€˜Windows Vista Basicâ€™, â€˜Windows Standardâ€™ or â€˜Windows Classicâ€™. It will be better to select â€˜Windows Classicâ€™.
Now the Aero theme in your Vista/Windows 7 would be changed to any other simpler theme. This could speed up Vista/Windows 7 a lot.