Most of the iPod Touch 2G users have updated their firmwares to the new iOS 4. But still if you want to quit the iOS 4 and downgrade your iPod Touch 2G to 3.1.3 firmware, then here is how to do it. Just do the steps given below to downgrade iPod Touch 2G to 3.1.3 firmware.
NOTE : This is a guide for Windows users. Also you should have the 3.1.3 firmware .ipsw file.
1. Open Notepad with administer privileges to start with the downgrade process.
2. Now open ” C > Windows > System32 > drivers > etc > hosts ” in notepad.
3. Now carefully add ” 126.96.36.199 gs.apple.com ” at the bottom without changing anything else.
4. Save the file and close it.
5. Connect your iPod Touch 2G to the computer.
6. After iTunes detect it and sync to it, switch of the iPod Touch 2G.
7. Now press the Power button and Home button together for 10 seconds and take of your hand from the power button but still hold the Home button until a USB device recognition is shown by Windows.
8. Now when iTunes ask you to Restore your iPod Touch 2G, hold the Shift button and click on the ” Restore ” button.
9. Browse to the iPod Touch 2G 3.1.3 firmware .ipsw file and let iTunes do the rest.
NOTE : If any errors like “Â 1011 ” and ” 1015 ” are shown, ignore them.
10. Restart your iPod Touch 2G after exiting recovery mode.
That’s it! So this is how to downgrade iPod Touch 2G to 3.1.3 firmware.