Mozilla has released the final version of Firefox 4 for Android and Maemo devices (Nokia N900) after many months of beta testing. The new Firefox 4 can be easily customized and has a streamlined interface. It supports 150+ plugins, themes and HTML 5 too. Firefox 4 is available in 10+ languages and is expected to be 3 times faster than the stock browsers of Android and N900.
However, the mobile version of Firefox 4 doesn’t support Flash which is a huge disappointment. But compared to other browsers, Firefox 4 is much better taking into account its features, speed and support for plugins.
What’s New in Firefox for Android and Maemo:
- Focus on Web content: Features like tabs, one-touch bookmarking and browser controls that stow away when not in use help users focus on the websites they visit
Browse More, Type Less
- Awesome Screen: Type less with easy access to history, bookmarks and open tabs
- Save to PDF: Capture important websites, like directions or a boarding pass, to view offline
- Share Page: Share websites via apps like email, Facebook, Twitter, Google Reader and more
- Add Search Engine: Customize your search engine list
Private and Secure Synchronization
- Firefox Sync: Access Awesome Bar history, bookmarks, open tabs, passwords and form data across multiple computers and mobile devices with secure end-to-end encryption
- Firefox offers thousands of ways for users to customize the features, functionality and look of their mobile Web browser with Firefox Add-ons
Cutting Edge Tools for Web Developers:
- Firefox improves existing tools like CSS, Canvas and SVG to enable developers to make exciting Web pages
- HTML5 support in Firefox for Android and Maemo includes Location-Aware Browsing, device orientation, accelerometer, desktop notifications and more