Last day, the iOS 4.2.1 was released and many people already updated their devices to this new firmware released by Apple. But some of them came across a 1013 error code shown by iTunes while updating their device to iOS 4.2.1. This issue became a subject in the apple support discussion forums and thanks to a member, Dave, for the fix for 1013 error code.
How to Fix 1013 iTunes Error Code :
1. Go to your “Applications” folder
2. Go to your “Utilities” folder
3. Launch “Terminal”
4. Type “sudo nano /etc/hosts” (without quotes) and hit return
5. Enter your password
6. Use the down arrow key to find the “gs.apple.com” entries. Once the cursor is in front, make sure you comment out the line(s) by entering “#” (no quotes) in front of the text
7. Save the file by pressing CONTROL+O on the keyboard
8. Exit the nano editor by pressing CONTROL+X on the keyboard
9. Restore your iDevice.
That’s it! Now you’ll be able to udpate your device to iOS 4.2.1.