Google has brought a major update to its Google+ app for iOS, adding iPad support. The refreshed Google+ app for the iPhone and iPod Touch was announced last month at I/O Conference. Users can now enjoy Google+ on their iPads with all the features, including Hangouts, Events, instant photo uploads etc.
Google+ Events wasn’t available for the iPhone and iPod Touch users in the earlier version. But it supports all three iOS devices now.
Major added features as listed in the App Store :
- Full iPad support
- New feature: Google+ Events
- Attach Instant Upload photos to posts
- Start and join hangouts
As in the desktop, Android and iPhone and iPod Touch versions, the iPad version also has a clean UI for Google+. Google has also brought in some new gestures for the iPad users to interact with the Google+ app:
- Pinch and expand posts right in your stream to add your comments
- Use two fingers to drag a post from your stream to easily re-share it
- Start a Hangout from your iPad and stream it to your TV using AirPlay
The updated version is available in the app store. Give it a try let us know what it means to you!