Last day, Facebook announced Timeline, a new way to access all your happenings in your life in a page, at the f8 developers’ conference. But Facebook haven’t made Timeline open to the public at the moment and users will have to wait few more weeks to get access to their new product. But, if you are eager enough to explore it, then here is how you can access Facebook Timeline feature and try it out!
I have already tested it and made my way through Timeline, you can check out the small view of my profile’s screenshot below.
So, we’ll go on to the steps to get access to Facebook Timeline. But before you attempt it, you’ll have to keep in mind that Timeline is not a fully compatible feature right now and you may experience several bugs.
1. The first step will probably to go to Facebook. So sign in to it.
2. Now, search for “Developer” in the search box, choose the Developer app and allow the app.
3. Once you’re on it, choose the “Create New App” option on the top right.
4. Enter a display name and a namespace you prefer.
5. Get a look into the Platform Privacy agreement and agree to it.
6. Then, if it asks for your account verification, give your phone number and through the text message method, verify your account and then move forward with the app creation.
7. Now in the app’s home screen, choose the “Open Graph” option.
8. Once it comes up, click the “Get Started using open graph” link.
9. Now enter an action and an object for your app. For example, “read” a “book”.
10. In the next page, after you are done with the settings, save the changes.
11. Now, go back to Facebook home page and you can see an invite for Timeline right on top!
That’s it! Now go through and have fun with Timeline. Subscribe to Tips Needed or like us on Facebook to stay updated with more interesting guides from us!