Windows 8 Developer Preview was released a few days back and many have started to play with it. Microsoft have tried to bring a lot of features from its home grown mobile OS i.e. Windows Phone 7 interface to windows 8, thus making Widows 8 OS a much tablet friendly version.
Adding to this fact, Windows 8 comes with many locked features that are needed to be unlocked if the user requires it. Among the locked features, there is a feature called Hibernate. Hibernate is feature that saves your current files, data on the disk as hiberfil.sys and after you switch on the computer all those files were resumed back to the memory. By default the Hibernate option will not show up on Windows 8, so you need to activate this feature through control panel.
To Start with Activating Hibernate Feature:
- Hit “Windows+ R” button to launch Run Command and enter “powersfg.cpl” or just visit the control panel settings from Windows 8 start screen.
- Now navigate to “More settings” tabs under control panel.
- Here select “Choose what the power buttons do” from the left side.
- Now under system setting hit “Change settings that are currently unavailable”.
- Here under the “power option” setting tab select “Show Hibernate”.
- All done! Now Open Power Options menu to see the Hibernate option.
Subscribe to Tips Needed or like us on Facebook to stay updated with more interesting guides from us!