No one likes the colorless user interface of new iTunes 10 ! Apple have made the icons in the iTunes 10’s sidebar colorless with their new release. There is a tweak (by Drien) to bring back the colored icons from the old version (9.2). This is how you can get colored icons in iTunes 10 again:
- First download iTunes10colors.zip
- Go to the “Applications” folder and right click and select ” Show Package Contents ” on iTunes to show ” Contents ” folder.
- Make a backup of the file ” iTunes.rsrc ” before replacing it. You can do it by copying this file to your desktop.
- Extract the iTunes10colors.zip and copy the ” iTunes.rsrc ” file from it
- Paste and replace it in /Applications/iTunes.app/Contents/Resources/
You are done! Enjoy the colorful iTunes 10!
Note: If any error occurs or if iTunes did not start, Copy the backup you just made to the same destination