Are you looking for a way to get free Wi-Fi tethering/mobile hotspot on Droid Bionic and hence not to pay Verizon for internet connection twice? If you do, then we have good news for you, a developer from xda-developers named zedomax has come up with a trick that allows you to use Verizon Wi-Fi/ hotspot.
To Start with Wi-Fi tethering on Droid Bionic:
- First you need to have a rooted Droid Bionic.
- Now in the second step you need to buy a database editor tool from Market, SQLite Editor.
- After purchasing and installing the app, go to SQLite Editor’s “Storage Setting” with “com.motorola.android.providers,settings”, here you will find two storage settings with same name. Choose one which has a tool icon.
- Now select “settings.db” from the setting storage.
- Here select “settings” and hit the menu button.
- In the menu button hit “Set_filter”.
- Type “check” and press OK.
- Now here set the value of “entitlement_check” to “0”.
- In this step reboot Droid Bionic and run Mobile Hotspot app.
- All done! In the last step, the Mobile Hotspot should automatically detect the network connection and connect but if in case it doesn’t do, try changing the Client DHCP Start address like 192.168.22.3.
Download SQLite Editor from Android Market or from this link.
Image Credit [DroidBionicRoot]