Google has rolled out the Android 2.3.2 for Nexus S which will fix the SMS bug which used to send SMS to unknown contacts! The Android 2.3.2 Build GRH78C update will be an OTA update and if you didnt get the OTA notification till now, you can install the update manually by following the guide below.
- Download Android 2.3.2 update for Nexus S from this link.
- Now copy this file to the root of the SD Card.
- Turn off your phone.
- Hold down the Volume Up key and then the power button to turn it back on.
- Use the volume buttons to navigate to Recovery and use the Poewe button to select it.
- When you see an exclamation like symbol on the screen, hold down the Power and Volume Up buttons.
- You will reach the Android system recovery menu. Now select “apply update from /sdcard”
- Find the update on your SD Card (GRH78C-from-GRH78) and use the Power button again to select it.
- Wait for the update process to complete. Select “reboot system now” after the process.
This update is an important one despite its small size as it fixes one of the most embarrassing bugs Android OS had to encounter.