Microsoft on Tuesday revealed Windows 8 developer preview. It comes with three variants: 32bit, 64bit and 64bit with developer tools. Windows 8 is a successor of Windows 7 and Microsoft has tried to make its new OS more responsive by adding some taste of Windows Phone 7 to it. Here is a simple guide on installing Windows 8 from a pen drive / USB drive.
Installing Windows 8 from a pen drive / USB drive is very easy. All you need to do is simply follow the given steps and within half an hour your device will be running on Windows 8.
Getting started with Windows 8:
- First you need to have a device (Tablet, Laptop or PC) which is already running Windows 7 or Vista. As, the minimum requirements that is needed to run Win8 is ~1Ghz or faster 32bit/64bit processor, 1GB RAM for 32bit & 2GB RAM for 64bit, 16GB HD space for 32bit or 20GB for 64bit and DirectX 9 and above.
- If your device fulfills above requirements then download the Windows 8 Developer Preview (link included below).
- After downloading, you will have Windows 8 in ISO format. Just extract the ISO file into folder using Power ISO into a folder.
- Now, browse to the location where you have extracted the Windows 8 ISO into folder. Select all the files that are there in the folder and send it to a USB device. (NOTE: before sending those files to any USB device make sure the device is formatted and should have USB’s autorun.inf file).
- Then reboot your device, if you want to make Windows 8 as your default OS then format your hard drive (C: drive) and also if you just want to try Windows 8 developer preview, then you can do that by creating a separate drive with atleast 16GB(32bit) or 20GB(64bit) space.
- Windows 8 installation will not take more than half an hour to complete and after installing Windows 8, you can see the home page like this:
The Windows 8 has been basically designed for touch screen devices. So, if you have a multi touch device then you will experience the real adventure of using Windows 8.
Download Windows 8 Developer Preview from here.
Subscribe to Tips Needed or like us on Facebook to stay updated with more interesting guides from us!