We reported earlier that Windows Phone 7.5 Mango update has started to roll out. In the first segment only, 10 percent of the Windows Phone device owners will receive the Mango update followed by 25 percent and after that rest of the Windows Phone users will be able to get their hands over the update.
If you are among the first 10 percent of Windows Phone owner who has received the Windows Phone 7.5 Mango update notification then you can update your device by following these simple steps.
Preparing for Windows Phone 7.5 Mango Update:
- Check the battery level of the device. If it is low, then first give a fast charge before beginning with the update process.
- If your device and computer is running out of space, then make some room to download and install the update.
- Check for proper internet connection as the update process will take almost 1 hour to complete.
- Lastly, verify the date and time of your device so that you will receive the proper update for the device.
Installing Windows Phone 7.5 Mango Update:
- After preparing the device for Mango update, connect the phone to the computer using the USB cable that came with the device.
- After few seconds the Zune client/WP 7 connector will automatically start. If it doesn’t start, then do it manually.
- Now start the sync process to backup all your phone’s data to the computer.
- After completing the sync process, hit the “Update Now” button (for Windows) and “Install Updates” button (for Mac).
- All done! Lastly make sure the device is connected to the computer until you see a notification which says the update is complete.
Subscribe to Tips Needed or like us on Facebook to stay updated with more interesting Windows Phone 7 guides and news!