Just a few days back, the iPhone Dev-Team released the PwnageTool 3.1.3Â to jailbreak iPhone 3GS 3.1 Firmware. Its earlier version was able to unlock only upto iPhone 3G and not 3GS. But with PwnageTool 3.1.3, you could jailbreak iPhone 3GS also. Here is how to do it.
1. Download Original iPhone 3GS 3.1 Firmware.
2. Take a full backup of your iPhone.
3. Download PwnageTool 3.1.3.
4. Select iPhone 3GS from the devices list.
5. The original 3.1 firmware file will be automatically found by PwnageTool 3.1.3. If it doesn’t, then browse for it yourself.
6. Then proceed by clicking on Next.
7. Select Yes in the following dialogue box.
8. On the next dialogue box, select No if you want to unlock your iPhone to use it with any SIM card.
9. When the PwnageTool 3.1.3 finishes making custom IPSW file, click Yes and then on Next.
10. Open iTunes 9 (If you don’t have it download iTunes 9 and install it).
11. Now from the devices list on the left side, select your iPhone 3GS.
12. Press the Alt/Option key and click on ‘ Restore ‘.
13. Browse and open the the custom made iPhone 3.1 Firmware.
The job is finished!