The update for Samsung Nexus S has already started, but there is no need to wait for (Over-To-Air) OTA to update your Nexus S. One of the XDA member has provided the OTA package that can be used to update your Nexus S manually.
Steps to manually update Nexus S:
- Download the OTA package link via XDA
- After, downloading the package, rename it as update.zip
- Copy it to the internal storage of your Nexus S
- Power off, then hold the volume up + power button to reboot to the bootloader
- Using the volume key to navigate, select recovery then use the power button to confirm
- When you see the warning triangle and arrow, hold the power and tap volume up, a menu will appear
- From the menu, select “apply update from /sdcard”, and choose update.zip from the list
- let the update.zip to do its thing to update your system, radio and other partitions. When, the update is finished, choose to reboot.
- Now, you are all set to go, Enjoy!
If, you have any problem, do let us know in your comment.