The folks at XDA Developers have successfully rooted the Viewsonic Viewpad 7 Android Tablet with SuperOneClick rooting app. Rooting lets you root access to your device for installing apps and to flash custom ROMS. Here is how to root Viewsonic Viewpad 7 using SuperOneClick.
- Download SuperOneClick 1.6.5 from here.
- Navigate to Menu -> Settings -> Applications -> Development ->enable USB Debugging on your device.
- Now, connect your Viewpad to the computer via USB.
- Launch the SuperOneClick exe file and select the “rageagainstthecage” button and click on “Root”.
- Wait for the process to be completed and if nothing happens for more than 30 seconds and still displays “Running rageagainstthecage…”, then disconnect your device and reconnect it again.
- SuperOneClick will display a message saying “***IF IT KEEPS LOOPING, TRY DISABLING USB DEBUGGING NOW***”. Ignore it.
- It will be followed by an ADB reset, waiting for device message , and finally a successful rooting message.
- Verify that the rooting process has been completed and you are done!
You have successfully rooted the Viewsonic Viewpad 7!
Visit us again or follow us on twitter to stay updated with the latest tech related infos.