You could unlock Motorola Xoom Bootloader now so that you could install custom ROM’s in you Android 3.0 Honeycomb powered Xoom tablet. The unlocking method is not so hard and you could do it with ease. Here are the steps to unlock Motorola Xoom Bootloader.
1) Get the Motorola USB drivers MOTODEV > Documentation & Tools > USB Drivers (you need to sign up on their but maybe you can google this and find it as well)
2) Get the Android SDK Android SDK | Android Developers (you only really need the fastboot executable file for your host OS)
2.5) – I will soon put together a windows pack for usb drivers & fastboot so you don’t have to download all this stuff just to do one task.
3) Power off your Xoom
4) Press and hold the volume down button while pressing the power button
Even after the Xoom turns back on keep it pressed down and you’ll see some starting fastboot protocol text on the top left of the screen.
5) Open a command window in your sdk\tools folder (not platform tools and depending on when you get the SDK you may need to copy over some DLL files)
6) type: fastboot oem unlock
7) read the warning on your Xoom’s screen, hit volume up if you wish.
That’s it! You have unlocked you Motorola Xoom Bootloader.