Now the iPhone 3G, 3GS and 4 have got the iOS 4.0.1 firmware release out by Apple. I don’t have to ask you if you want to update your iPhone to iOS 4.0.1. You surely will wish to update your iPhone 3G, 3GS or 4 to iOS 4.0.1. If you want to do that, then here is how.
You could update iPhone to iOS 4.0.1 automatically or manually using iTunes.
1. Download iTunes 9.2 if you don’t have it.
2. Connect your iPhone to the computer.
3. Now when the iTunes open up, you will be shown a message.
4. Click on the ” Download and Install ” button to automatically update iPhone to iOS 4.0.1.
Now iTunes will update your iPhone 3G, 3GS or 4 to iOS 4.0.1 firmware.
1. Download iTunes from the above link.
2. Download the iOS 4.0.1 firmware for your iPhone 3G, 3GS or 4.
3. Connect your iPhone to the computer.
4. Choose your device from the list.
5. By pressing the Shift key(in Windows) or the option key(in Mac OS X), click on the Restore button.
6. Now browse and choose the iOS 4.0.1 firmware .ipsw file.
That’s it! Now iTunes starts to update your iPhone 3G, 3GS or 4 to iOS 4.0.1 firmware.