Earlier, we reported about the release of the PwnageTool 4.3 tool and now we bring you a step by step guide to help you to use PwnageTool 4.3. This version of PwnageTool enables you to jailbreak iOS 4.3.1 firmware on all devices except iPad 2, and that too untethered, along with preserving the baseband of you device so that you could keep the unlock if you are on an iPhone.
Here is how to use PwnageTool 4.3 to jailbreak iOS 4.3.1 untethered :
1. Download iOS 4.3.1 firmware for your device from here
2. Download PwnageTool 4.3.
3. Now start PwnageTool, choose the expert mode and select your device.
4. Browse and choose the iOS 4.3.1 IPSW file and continue.
5. Enable or disable the options you need and continue.
6. Click on the build button after you’re done with the options.
7. Choose the location where you want the custom jailbroken iOS 4.3.1 firmware to be saved by PwnageTool 4.3.
8. Now enter your administrator password when asked to.
9. When the firmware building process is over, PwnageTool will ask you to connect your device to enter into DFU mode. Connect it.
10. Follow the on screen instructions and enter DFU mode.
11. Now open iTunes when PwnageTool asks to and then hold the Option key and click on Restore button.
12. Choose the custom iOS 4.3.1 firmware file built by PwnageTool.
That’s it! Once the restore is done, your device will reboot and you’ll have your device jailbroken on iOS 4.3.1.
Subscribe to Tips Needed for future jailbreak and unlock guides and news!7.