Sprint today announced that they will be issuing the Android 2.3 Gingerbread update for HTC EVO Shift 4G. Though the automated OTA updates will start flowing out only on 20th of this month, you could manually force your device to upgrade to Android 2.3 Gingerbread now by going to Menu/Settings/System updates/HTC software Update.
Sprint users will start getting a notification regarding the Android 2.3 update on their HTC EVO Shift 4Gs from 20th and you would just have to download and install it (Sprint will give you the instructions to do it, though it is not a complex process – pretty simple with two steps to do!).
The major improvements and bugs fixes of this update are :
- Android 2.3 (Gingerbread)
- Download management application providing easier access to downloaded files
- On-screen keyboard supporting multi-touch and smart auto-correction
- Improved cut/paste functionality
- Updated camera application
- Corrected streaming media issue
The software version for this Gingerbread update is 2.75.651.4.
Stay tuned to Tips Needed for more news on Android devices and updates!