The previous day, the android 2.2 for the Google Nexus One was released and is now available for download. The android OS lovers having Nexus One in their hands will be eagerly looking to install the android 2.2 on their devices. So here is how to install android 2.2 on Google Nexus One.
If you haven’t rooted android 2.2 on your Nexus One, then follow the guide given below.
Now proceed with the below steps.
1. Download Android 2.2 update .zip file.
2. After downloading, change its name to ” update.zip “.
3. Connect your Nexus One’s microSD card and copy the ” update.zip ” file to the root of your microSD card.
NOTE: Don’t copy it to a directory.
4. Turn off your Nexus One.
5. Hold the trackball and press the power button once. Now your phone will boot showing Android robots on a skateboard.
6. Choose Bootloader and then Recovery. Your Nexus One will now reboot showing and exclamation point and the Android robot.
7. Press the increase volume button and the power button together.
8. With the trackball, select the ” Apply sdcard:update.zip ” and you are done.
9. Reboot your Nexus One after installing the zip file.
That’s it! Now the android2.2 will be installed on your Nexus One. But still I tell that you should try this at your own risk as any wrong step of your could get it damaged.