The PwnageTool was released by Dev Team some time ago and we reported it. Now we are back with the jailbreak guide for iOS 4.1 using PwnageTool 4.1. PwnageTool allows you to jailbreak iOS 4.1 on iPhone 3G, 3GS and 4, iPod Touch 3G and 4G, Apple TV 2G and iPad on iOS 3.2.2. Here is how to jailbreak iOS 4.1 using PwnageTool 4.1.
How to Jailbreak iOS 4.1 Using PwnageTool 4.1
1. Make sure you have latest version of iTunes.
3. Take a backup in iTunes.
4. Launch PwnageTool 4.1.
5. Choose your device and go forward.
6. After PwnageTool detects the firmware and when asks ” Do you have an iPhone 3G, 3GS, 4 contract that would activate normally through iTunes? “, click on ” No ” if you want to preserve the baseband and unlock your iPhone.
7. Now it will start building the jailbroken iOS 4.1 firmware.
8. Now you would have to enter DFU mode. For that, hold the power and home button together for 10 seconds and then release the power button but keep holding the home button for another 10 seconds. Then release it.
9. Now restore your device to the jailbroken firmware created by PwnageTool 4.1. Go to iTunes and hold the alt key and click on ” Restore “. Now browse to the cooked firmware and select it.
That’s it! Now wait till iTunes finish the process and you’ll have a jailbroken device running iOS 4.1 or iPad on iOS 3.2.2.