The PwnageTool bundles have been released by Msft guy to jailbreak iPad iOS 4.2.1 GM. Along with this bundle, there is another release, which includes a patch for the broken Cydia which means that you could get a working Cydia after jailbreaking iPad 4.2.1 GM iOS. Here are the steps to jailbreak iOS 4.2.1 GM on iPad using PwnageTool bundles.
1. Download PwnageTool 4.1.2 from here.
2. Download the PwnageTool bundles from here.
3. Download iOS 4.2.1 firmware for iPad.
4. Move all the files to the desktop.
5. Right click the PwnageTool 4.1.2 icon and choose ” Show Package Contents “.
6. Browse to Contents/Resources/FirmwareBundles/ and paste the iPad1,1_4.2.1_8C148.bundle here and close everything.
7. Now start PwnageTool and choose your device. PwnageTool will detect the firmware.
8. Move forward and wait till PwnageTool creates the custom iOS 4.2.1 firmware.
9. Now you would have to enter DFU mode. For that, hold the power and home button together for 10 seconds and then release the power button but keep holding the home button for another 10 seconds. Then release it.
10. Now restore your iPad to this newly created iOS 4.2.1 firmware. Go to iTunes and hold the alt key and click on ” Restore “. Now browse to the cooked firmware and select it.
11. Download Cydia.patch file for iOS 4.2.1 from here.
12. SSH into your iPad and copy the patch to ” /Applications/Cydia.app/Cydia_ “.
13. Now using Cydia binary from http://apt.telesphoreo.org/cydia/debs/cydia_1.0.3222-73_iphoneos-arm.deb in Mac OS X, run the following commands in the Terminal app.
- mv Cydia_ Cydia.bak
- bspatch Cydia.bak Cydia_ Cydia.patch
- chmod +x+s /Applications/Cydia.app/Cydia_
That’s it! You’re done!