We have already covered on how to jailbreak iOS 4.3 on iPhone and iPod Touch. Now we can look onto doing it on the first generation of iPad. The method of jailbreak is the same, using the PwnageTool bundles, as it was in the case of the iOS 4.3 GM build jailbreak.
Here are the steps to jailbreak iPad 4.3 iOS firmware:
NOTE: This is a tethered jailbreak. So you need to boot your iPod Touch in a jailbroken state on every reboot to keep the jailbreak (Instructions below).
4. Move all the files to the desktop.
5. Right click the PwnageTool 4.2 icon and choose ” Show Package Contents “.
6. Browse to Contents/Resources/FirmwareBundles/ and paste the iPad bundle file here.
7. Now start PwnageTool and choose the expert mode and select iPad.
8. Browse to the iOS 4.3 firmware IPSW.
9. Click on the build button after you chose the iPad iOS 4.3 IPSW.
10. Launch iTunes and let it detect your iPad.
11. Now restore your iPad to this newly created iOS 4.3 firmware. Go to iTunes and hold the alt key and click on ” Restore “. Now browse to the cooked firmware and select it. Wait till the iPad reboots.
You could find the tethered boot instructions from here (NOTE: Instead of kernelcache.release.n90 and iBSS.n90ap.RELEASE.dfu, use kernelcache.release.k48 and iBSS.k48ap.RELEASE.dfu. Don’t forget to replace them in the commands too!)
That’s it! You have done it! After the reboot, your iPad iOS 4.3 will be jailbroken.