The Dev-Team released the PwnageTool 3.1.4 for the Mac users only and not for Windows to Jailbreak iPhone 2G/3G/3GS and iPod Touch 1G/2G 3.1.2 Firmware. I had promised you in my earlier post that I would put an article on how to jailbreak your iPhone in Windows. Here it is. If you don’t want to unlock your iPhone, then you could follow this more easy guide to jailbreak your iPhone. If you wish to unlock your iPhone, then follow the steps given below.
1. Download and install iTunes 9.
2. Connect your iPhone with the single usb port at the back of your system. If you connect in the front some errors could occur.
3. Â Run iTunes.
4. Take a full backup of you iPhone.
5. In Mac, the PwnageTool makes a Custom IPSW file which cannot be made in Windows. So, you have to download it. The following are the files.
â€œiPhone1,1_3.1.2_7D11_Custom_Restoreâ€ for iPhone 2G
â€œiPhone1,2_3.1.2_7D11_Custom_Restoreâ€ for iPhone 3G
â€œiPhone2,1_3.1.2_7D11_Custom_Restoreâ€ for iPhone 3GS
6. Move the IPSW file to the following locations
â€œC:\Documents and Settings\[username]\Application Data\Apple Computer\iTunes\iPhone Software Update\â€ in Windows XP
â€œC:\Users\[username]\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\iTunes\iPhone Software Updates\â€ in Windows Vista
â€œC:\Users\[username]\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\iTunes\iPhone Software Updates\â€ in Windows 7
7. Restart iTunes.
8. Now do not update your iPhone to 3.1.2 firmware with iTunes.
9. Select iPhone from the devices list in left side.
10. Hold the left Shift button and click on ” Restore “.
11. Browse and choose the custom IPSW file you downloaded and click on ” Open “.
That’s all! You have jailbroken your iPhone!