The redsn0w 0.9.6 beta 1 for Windows was released earlier today and you could use it to jailbreak iPhone 3G iOS 4.1 on Windows. Redsn0w 0.9.6 can also be used to jailbreak iPod Touch 2G on iOS 4.1. Here is the step by step guide to jailbreak iPhone 3G 4.1 iOS on Windows. Follow the instructions given below to jailbreak iPhone 3G 4.1 on Windows using Redsn0w 0.9.6 beta. Redsn0w 0.9.6 updates your baseband. So till a new unlock method is released, it is better to stay away from this if you still need the unlock.
Do Read: Downgrade iPhone 4.1 to iOS 4.x
1. Download Redsn0w 0.9.6 beta from here.
2. Download the iOS 4.1 firmware for iPhone 3G from here.
3. Update your iPhone 3G to iOS 4.1 using iTunes.
4. Launch Redsn0w 0.9.6 and browse to the iOS 4.1 firmware file.
5. Check the â€ Install Cydia â€ box and click â€ Next â€œ.
6. Now switch off your device but keep it plugged in to the computer.
7. Now go into recovery mode by pressing the power and buttons for 10 seconds and then release the power button, but keep holding the home button until the iPhone 3G iOS 4.1 jailbreak process begins.
8. Now wait till Redsn0w jailbreak iPhone 3G 4.1 iOS firmware.
After the jailbreak, it will automatically restart and you will find your iPhone 3G completely jailbroken on iOS 4.1 firmware.