We earlier reported that Sn0wbreeze 2.0 has been released and is available for download. You could use Sn0wbreeze 2.0 to jailbreak iPhone 3GS New Bootrom on iOS 4.1 firmware. Here are the instructions to jailbreak iPhone 3GS iOS 4.1 (New Bootrom) using Sn0wbreeze 2.0.
NOTE : Your Phone must be previously jailbroken on 3.1.2 ( New Bootrom ). If it is old bootrom, it should be jailbroken before ( If you jailbroke it using Spirit or JailbreakMe, use Spirit2Pwn from http://repo.woowiz.net ).
1. Download latest iTunes version.
2. Now connect your iPhone and take a backup in iTunes.
3. Download iOS 4.1 IPSW from here.
5. Launch Sn0wbreeze 2.0.
6. Choose ” Simple Mode ” and go forward.
7. Now browse to the iOS 4.1 firmware file.
8. Click on ” Yes ” when Sn0wbreeze asks you â€œ Do you want to activate your iPhone? â€. If you have an officially supported carrier like AT&T, click on â€œNoâ€.
9. Now Sn0wbreeze starts to make the jailbroken iOS 4.1 firmware.
10. When Sn0wbreeze finishes the process, open iTunes and select your iPhone 3GS in it.
11. Now hold the Shift Key and click on ” Restore “.
12. Browse to the newly cooked iOS 4.1 firmware and choose it.
Wait till iTunes finish the process and you will have a jailbroken iPhone 3GS (New Bootrom) on iOS 4.1.