Users can now download Sn0wbreeze 1.6 to jailbreak iPhone 3G/3GS with iOS 4 on Windows. The PwnageTool was released a day ago to jailbreak iPhone 3G/3GS and iPod Touch running iOS 4 on Mac OS X. Now you could do the jailbreak process in Windows with Sn0wbreeze 1.6.
If you want to jailbreak your iPhone 3GS iOS 4 using Sn0wbreeze, then here are the steps to do it.
NOTE: You should require an iPhone 3GS that was jailbroken with any other software other than Spirit.
1. Download iTunes 9.2 from here.
3. Also download the original iOS 4 firmware for iPhone 3GS.
4. Now connect your iPhone 3GS with your PC.
5. Take a backup of your iPhone 3GS in iTunes.
6. Now launch Sn0wbreeze to jailbreak your iPhone 3GS iOS 4 firmware.
7. Select the ” Simple Mode ” option.
8. Browse to the iOS 4 .ipsw file you downloaded earlier and let Sn0wbreeze verify it.
9. Go forward and when Sn0wbreeze asks you ” Do you want to activate your iPhone? “, click on ” Yes “.
NOTE : If you have an officially supported carrier like the AT&T, then click ” No “.
10. Wait till Sn0wbreeze cooks the .ipsw file.
11. After Sn0wbreeze completes it, restore that .ipsw file. To do that choose your iPhone 3GS in iTunes, hold the Shift key and click on ” Restore “. Then browse to the newly created iOS 4 .ipsw file and choose it.
Now wait till iTunes restores your iPhone 3GS with the jailbroken iOS 4 firmware. When done, you’ll have a freshly jailbroken iPhone 3GS with iOS 4 in your hands.
Don’t forget to read How to Unlock iPhone 3GS iOS 4 (Any Baseband) with Ultrasn0w 0.93