The PwnageTool bundles to jailbreak iPhone 3GS 4.3.1 iOS firmware has been released by Djayb6, the bundle creator. Now what you need is a tutorial on how to jailbreak iPhone 3GS 4.3.1 iOS using the bundle and PwnageTool, if you are ready to go with the jailbreak. So here are the steps to jailbreak iPhone 3GS 4.3.1 iOS using PwnageTool :
Points to remember :
1. The iPhone 3GS new bootrom and old bootrom users could follow this guide.
2. This is a tethered jailbreak. So you have to put use tetherboot after reboots.
3. Update to iOS 4.3.1 only through this jailbreak process, or you’ll lose the unlock (if you have one).
4. Your iPhone 3GS’s baseband won’t be upgraded with this process.
5. You must have iTunes 10.2.1 and of course Mac OS X (as PwnageTool works only for Mac).
So let’s start it and jailbreak iPhone 3GS 4.3.1 iOS.
Warning : We are not responsible for any damage caused to your device due to this. So do it cautiously.
3. Download iOS 4.3.1 firmware for iPhone 3GS from here
4. Move all the files to the desktop.
5. Right click the PwnageTool 4.2 icon and choose ” Show Package Contents “.
6. Browse to Contents/Resources/FirmwareBundles/ and paste the Old / New Bootrom bundle file here.
7. Download Ramdisk Fixer 1.7.1 from here and install it.
8. Now start PwnageTool and choose the expert mode.
9. Browse to the iOS 4.3.1 IPSW file.
10. Click on the build button after you chose the iOS 4.3.1 IPSW.
11. Launch iTunes and let it detect your iPhone.
12. Now restore your iPhone 3GS to this newly created iOS 4.3.1 firmware. Go to iTunes and hold the alt key and click on ” Restore “. Now browse to the cooked firmware and select it. Wait till the iPhone reboots.
1. Download TetheredBoot from here and extract it.
2. Make a copy of the iPhone 3GS iOS 4.3.1 custom firmware and change its extension to .zip.
3. Extract the custom iOS 4.3 zip file you just created.
4. Now copy the files under /Firmware/dfu/.
5. Move the kernelcache.release.n90 and iBSS.n90ap.RELEASE.dfu files to the tetheredboot utility folder.
6. Now, switch off your iPhone 3GS and launch Terminal and enter the following commands :
./tetheredboot iBSS.n90ap.RELEASE.dfu kernelcache.release.n90
7. You will be asked to enter DFU mode. For that, hold the power and home button together for 10 seconds and then release the power button but keep holding the home button for another 10 seconds. Then release it.
That’s it! You have done it! After the reboot, you’ll find your iPhone 3GS jailbroken on iOS 4.3.1.
Windows users don’t have to be upset because Sn0wbreeze may be updated soon and we’ll bring you the latest jailbreak and unlock guides for your device. So stay tuned to Tips Needed for more updates!