If you are eager to jailbreak your iPod Touch 2G 4.0 firmware or the iOS 4, then here is the way to do it usingÂ Redsn0w 0.9.5 jailbreak tool. Just follow the steps given below correctly to easily jailbreak iPod Touch 2G 4.0 firmware ( iOS 4 ).
1. First download the iOS 4 .ipsw file from here.
2. Now update your iPod Touch 2G to iOS 4 manually.
3. Download Redsn0w 0.9.5 from here.
4. Now run redsn0w application to jailbreak iPod Touch 2G with iOS 4.
5. Browse to the iOS 4 .ipsw file that you downloaded at first and choose it.
6. Click on Next and go forward.
7. Wait till Reds0w o.9.5 jailbreaks your iPod Touch 2G.
That’s it! Now you have a completely jailbroken iPod Touch 2G running 4.0 firmware or iOS 4 in your hands.
NOTE : If you find a blank white icon in place of Cydia, then open it and add this source : ” http://apt.saurik.com/cydia-3.7 “