Earlier, the PwnageTool bundles to jailbreak iOS 4.3 GM on the iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS (Old and New Bootrom), iPad and iPod Touch 4G was released. The bundles to jailbreak iPod Touch 3G 4.3 iOS GM is also available now. Here is how to jailbreak iPod Touch 3G iOS 4.3 GM.
NOTE: This is a tethered boot. So you need to boot your device in a jailbroken state on every reboot to keep the jailbreak (Instructions below).
2. Download the PwnageTool bundle for iPod Touch 3G iOS 4.3 GM from here
4. Move all the files to the desktop.
5. Right click the PwnageTool 4.2 icon and choose ” Show Package Contents “.
6. Browse to Contents/Resources/FirmwareBundles/ and paste the Old / New Bootrom bundle file here.
7. Now start PwnageTool and choose the expert mode and select iPod Touch 3G.
8. Browse to the iOS 4.3 GM firmware IPSW.
9. Click on the build button after you chose the iPod Touch 3G iOS 4.3 IPSW.
10. Launch iTunes and let it detect your iPod Touch 3G.
11. Now restore your iPod Touch 3G to this newly created iOS 4.3 GM firmware. Go to iTunes and hold the alt key and click on ” Restore “. Now browse to the cooked firmware and select it. Wait till the iPod Touch 3G reboots.
You could find the tethered boot instructions from here (NOTE: Instead of kernelcache.release.n90 and iBSS.n90ap.RELEASE.dfu, use kernelcache.release.n81 and iBSS.n81ap.RELEASE.dfu. Don’t forget to replace them in the commands too!)
That’s it! You have done it! After the reboot, your iPod Touch 3G iOS 4.3 GM will be jailbroken.