The awaited redsn0w 0.9.7 b1 untethered iOS 4.2.1 jailbreak tool has been released by the Dev Team and its download is available. Now you don’t have to connect your device to the computer when you reboot and get free from the tethered jailbreak. The redsn0w 0.9.7 beta 1 is currently available only for the Mac OS X. Soon they will be releasing the Windows version of redsn0w 0.9.7.
Here is the official description by Dev Team about redsn0w 0.9.7 b1 :
- This is a beta tester program. It’s not a general release! Things can go very wrong, so please don’t even consider testing if you have pictures or other media on your device that you haven’t backed up!
- For the same reason, please don’t participate if you rely on the ultrasn0w carrier unlock. Wait for the final version!
- Until we fix some sandbox issues with bluetooth, the bluetooth functionality is disabled.
- This very first beta1 is limited to iPhone4, iPad, and iPod touch 4G.
- Cydia must have your 4.2b3 SHSH blobs saved on file. (As we approach a general release, we’ll provide a way to let you use locally saved hashes too).
- You must already have the usbmuxd software installed and running on your Mac (this requirement will eventually go away too). The correct invocation of the relay is just as that page says: “./tcprelay.py -t 22:2222”. If the relay isn’t installed or running correctly by the time the redsn0w ramdisk has started, you’ll need to restore to stock FW again to try it again. Please test it beforehand to save yourself some time!
Download Redsn0w 0.9.7 b1 for Mac OS X from here
Stay tuned to Tips Needed for more updates and jailbreak/unlock guides!