When you start typing the name of a website Firefox automatically shows a lot of suggestions under the address bar. This is really helpful since you don’t have to type the whole name and just have to select it from the suggestions. But if the suggestions comprise of a long list, it could turn out to be a little irritating and inconvenient for you. Here is a simple trick for reducing the number of suggestions shown in Firefox. With this, you could decide the number of suggestions that should be shown when you type something.
1. Open Firefox, type ‘about:config’ in the address bar and hit [Enter].
2. Click the ‘I’ll be careful, I promise’ button. You have to be careful while handling this.
3. Then in the ‘Filter’ box, search for ‘browser.urlbar.maxRichResults’.
4. Double-click on ‘browser.urlbar.maxRichResults’. Then a box appears that shows the number of suggestions shown currently.
5. Change it to the number of suggestions you wish to be shown and click ‘OK’.
Now, Firefox will show only the number of suggestions you wish when you search something.