A few days ago, a Nexus S rooting guide was released through XDA forums. Now the one click root tool for the newly released Samsung / Google Nexus S have been released. Superboot could be used to root Nexus S in a single click. It is a boot.img, which when flashed, root your device the first time you boot. Flashing the system partition is not required here to root Nexus S.
How to Root Nexus S With Superboot
Note: If you are using a retail Nexus S, you may need to unlock the bootloader first, using ‘./fastboot-windows oem unlock’ (or the appropriate version for your PC). Note that the OEM unlock sequence wipes your device (including the internal SD storage!)
- -Download the Superboot zip file below and extract to a directory
- – Put your device in bootloader mode – Turn off the phone then turn on with the ‘volume up’ button pressed to enter the bootloader
- – WINDOWS – double click ‘install-superboot-windows.bat’
- – MAC – Open a terminal window to the directory containing the files, and type ‘chmod +x install-superboot-mac.sh’ followed by ‘./install-superboot-mac.sh’
- – LINUX – Open a terminal window to the directory containing the files, and type ‘chmod +x install-superboot-linux.sh’ followed by ‘./install-superboot-linux.sh’
Download Superboot to Root Nexus S from here (Check your phone’s About page to know which version of Superboot your need)
Stay tuned to Tips Needed for more rooting tips!