The Andoid 2.2 Froyo update for Epic 4G is now available. XDA Developers have found the link from google servers.This Android 2.2.1 update will bring new features like JIT compiler, Flash 10.1, and brings better memory management to Epic 4G. We cannot say for sure that this will be the final build that Spirit is going to release.
Note:You can give it a try but flashing this update might void your warranty. Proceed at your own risk.
Here is how to manually install Froyo on Samsung Epic 4G:
- Download the file from the Google server.
- Rename it to “update.zip”.
- Now save this file to the root directory of the memory card which you are using in your Epic 4G .
- Enter Recovery mode by holding down the “Volume Down” button, “Camera” button, and “Power” button simultaniously.
- Install the update.zip file from the recovery mode. (Use volume keys to navigate and home button to select.)
Stay tuned to tipsneeded for more updates. Don’t forget to subscribe to our feeds to get daily tech updates!