After SSH ( Secure Shell ) into your iPad, you will be able to connect your computer to iPad through a wireless network and transfer files between them without using iTunes. You could see and use your iPad as a hard disk drive in your computer after the SSH into iPad. If you are using Mac OS X, then here is a guide to SSH into iPad on Mac OS X using CyberDuck.
NOTE: Your iPad and computer must be connected to the same wireless network for this guide to work. Also you need to jailbreak your iPad on Mac OS X to proceed with the below steps.
1. Now open Cydia.
2. Search for OpenSSH in the search tab.
3. Find it from the search results and tap on it.
Also Read : Speed Up iPad – Make Your iPad Super Fast
4. Install OpenSSH by tapping on the install button on the top right corner.
5. After it is installed, reboot the iPad.
6.Â Download and install CyberDuck on Mac OS X.
7. Launch CyberDuck.
8. Click on the ” Open Connection ” button at the top left corner of the program window.
9. Now enter the details.
â€¢ ProtocolÂ : SFTP (SSH File Transfer Protocol)
â€¢ Server : Enter iPad IP address. Find iPad IP Address.
â€¢ Username: root
â€¢Â Password: alpine
10. Click the ” Connect ” button.
11. Click the “Â Allow “ button if you face theÂ “Â Host Key Mismatch error “.
That’s all! You have SSH into your iPad on Mac OS X.