It is easier to connect your mobile phone and PC/laptop with Bluetooth since it is a wireless connection. In this post, I am introducing an easy method to synchronize your Windows Mobilewith your PC/laptop using Bluetooth.If your system lack Bluetooth facility, you could use a dongle. Now follow the steps given below to sync your Windows Mobile device with your PC/laptop using bluetooth.
1. Make sure that the driver along with the dongle is installed.
2. Check whether the Bluetooth dongle is properly plugged in your PC/laptop.
3. Make sure that all the drivers are properly installed. For doing it, right-click ” My Computer “, select ” Properties “, under the ” Hardware ” tab, click ” Device Manager ” and scroll down and check whether the device has been installed or not.
4. If the device is installed and is not detected, right-click the entry and select ” Uninstall ” to uninstall it. Remove the device and connect it again and reinstall the drivers.
5. After making sure that everything is OK i.e. the device is installed correctly, go to ” Control Panel -> Hardware and Sound -> Bluetooth Devices “, Â under the ” Options ” tab, check the ” Allow Bluetooth devices to find this computer ” checkbox and click ” OK “.
6. Start ” Windows Mobile Device Center “.
7. Click on ” Mobile Device Settings “.
8. Click on ” Connection Settings “.
9. Make sure that ” Allow connections to one of the following ” checkbox is ticked.
10. Make sure that ” Bluetooth ” is selected from the dropdown list and click ” OK “.
11. Open ” ActiveSync “.
12. From the menu, select ” Connect via Bluetooth “.
13. If a prompt appears which asks you if you want to set up a partnership, click ” Yes “.
14. Based on the Windows Mobile Device you are using, you could make two choices. Click ” New Partnership ” if it is a Windows Mobile Pocket PC Edition. If it is a Windows Mobile Smartphone, select ” New ” from ” Menu “.
15. When needed, enter the name of your laptop/PC.
16. If in the shared devices, the name of your PC/laptop is not displayed, then check whether the devices are connected correctly and are in range.
17. Click ” Next “.
18. After entering the passkey, again click ” Next “. Don’t forget the passkey
19. Click the pop-up that appears on your taskbar telling ” A Bluetooth device is attempting to connect with your computer “.
20. Type the same passkey that you entered earlier in the ” Add Bluetooth Device Wizard ” and click ” Next “.
21. Now, you could make two choices based on the Windows Mobile device you are using. If you are using Windows Mobile Pocket PC Phone Edition, check whether the ” ActiveSync ” checkbox is ticked in the list of services. If you are using a Windows Mobile Smartphone, click ” Next ” in the ” Display Name ” window, check whether the ” ActiveSync ” checkbox is ticked in the list of services and click ” OK ” and ” Done “.
22. Now click ” Finish ” in the Wizard.
23. Open ” ActiveSync ” in your Windows Mobile device and select ” Connect via Bluetooth ” from ” Menu ” to connect your mobile phone with your PC/laptop through Bluetooth.