Windows 7 allows you to pin the application icons in the left side of the taskbar. You could also do this in Windows XP/Vista. Just follow the steps given below to do that.
1. Right-click on the taskbar and the context menu appears.
2. From the ‘Toolbars’ option, select ‘Quick Launch’.
3. Now you will be able to pin the apps you wish to add in the taskbar. Just drag and drop them in the taskbar.
4. If they doesn’t show up, right-click on the taskbar and click on ‘Lock the Taskbar’.
5. Now click on the three rows of dots, hold it down and drag it to your right side and you will be able to see the icons.
But still, does it look like the Windows 7 taskbar? No, it doesn’t. The icons are still looking so small. So we shall proceed.
6. Make sure the taskbar is still unlocked.
7. Now right-click the taskbar and from the ‘View’ menu, select ‘Large Icons’.
That’s it. It’ll make your Windows XP/Vista taskbar look like the Windows 7 taskbar.
Get the perfect look of Windows 7 taskbar(Iconized Taskbar) in Windows XP/Vista.