The Ultrasn0w 1.2.1 is out now and you could use it to fix the signal bar issues after unlocking the iPhone. But Ultrasn0w 1.2.1 is not an unlock for the newer basebands, but instead, an unlock for the older basebands (given below). I’ve explained here how to unlock iPhone 3GS 4.3.1 iOS on supported basebands.
Supported basebands for iPhone 3GS – 04.26.08, 05.11.07, 05.12.01, 05.13.04, 06.15.00
How to Unlock iPhone 3GS iOS 4.3.1
1. Jailbreak your iPhone 3GS 4.3.1 iOS using Sn0wbreeze on Windows or PwnageTool on Mac.
2. Open up Cydia.
3. Select the Manage tab at the bottom.
4. Tap on the edit button and then on the add button.
5. Then add this repo : http://repo666.ultrasn0w.com.
6. The search for ” Ultrasn0w 1.2.1 ” in Cydia.
7. Install the app.
8. Reboot your iPhone 3GS.
That’s it! You’ve unlocked iPhone 3GS on iOS 4.3.1.
Subscribe to Tips Needed for more updates on the topic and also for jailbreak and unlock guides!