The iOS 4.0.2 firmware update was officially released by Apple for the public to download today morning. If you want to update your iPod Touch 2G/3G to iOS 4.0.2 firmware, then follow the steps given below to do it. But do remember that you could only jailbreak the iPod Touch 2G (Non MC model) on iOS 4.0.2 at the moment. But soon methods to jailbreak other devices will also be available. Stay tuned for that.
Do Read : Jailbreak iPod Touch 2G on iOS 4.0.2
1. Download iTunes 9.2.1 from here.
2. Connect your iPod Touch 2G/3G to the computer.
3. When the iTunes open up, you could see a message.
4. Click on the â€ Download and Install â€ button to automatically update iPod Touch to iOS 4.0.2.
1. Download iTunes from the given link (above).
2. Download the iOS 4.0.2 firmware for your iPod Touch 2G/3G from here.
3. Connect your device to the computer.
4. Choose your iPod Touch 2G/3G from the list on the left.
5. By pressing the Shift key(in Windows) or the option key(in Mac OS X), click on the Restore button.
6. Now browse and choose the iOS 4.0.2 firmware .ipsw file.
Thatâ€™s it! Now iTunes starts to update your iPod Touch 2G or 3G to iOS 4.0.2 firmware.