The android 2.2 froyoÂ FRF85B update for the Nexus One has turned to be official now and Nexus One users can now get their eager hands on the newÂ FRF85B froyo update. If you want to do that, then here is how to update Nexus One toÂ FRF85B manually. Just follow the steps given below toÂ update Nexus One to FRF85B manually.
NOTE: Those users who have rooted their Nexus One with android 2.2 froyo should not attempt this as it can cause permanent damage to your device.
1. Download the android 2.2 froyoÂ FRF85B update for Nexus One.
2. Now extract it and rename it to ” update.zip ” .
3. Now connect tour Nexus One with the PC.
4. After mounting your SD card, copy the earlier renamedÂ ” update.zip ” file to your SD card’s root.
5. Now hold down the Power button and the track ball to reboot your Nexus One in recovery mode.
6. Now select ” Bootloader ” from the next screen.
7. Select the ” Recovery ” option.Â Now you will be directed to a screen showing an android robot along with an exclamation mark.
8. Now hold the Power button and the Volume Up button for some time.
9. Now choose ” Apply SDcard:update.zip ” and wait till the phone reboots and finishes theÂ FRF85B update.
That’s it! This is how you could successfully update Nexus One toÂ FRF85B manually.