Apple came up with the iPhone & iPod Touch Firmware 3.0. It is really a good news. But the bad (for those who want iPod Touch Firmware for free) is that they have put a price of $9.95 for it and that too only for iPod Touch (the iPhone 2G and 3G users can update to firmware 3.0 for free). This makes the Apple iPod Touch users really unhappy. But I can make you happy again. With a simple trick, you could update your Apple iPod Firmware to version 3.0 for free. Just follow the instructions given below.
1. If you don’t have iTunes then download and install iTunes. Click here to download iTunes 8.2.
2. Download iPod 1,1 3.0 7A341 Restore.ipsw for iPod Touch 1G and iPod 2,1 3.0 7A341 Restore.ipsw for iPod Touch 2G from here.
Note: You must change the extension from .zip to .ipsw.
3. Connect your iPod Touch 1G or 2G to the computer.
4. Open iTunes.
5. Select iPod Touch from the devices list.
6. Now, hold down the Shift key and click ‘Restore’.
7. Then select the downloaded ipsw file.
Done. Now iTunes will update your iPod Touch Firmware to version 3.0 FREE OF COST!