Till yesterday, there were no software to jailbreak iPhone 3G, 3GS and iPod 2G, 3G with firmware 3.1.2. But now there is one – Blackra1n released by Geohot. Geohot’s new Blackra1n can jailbreak iPhone 3G, 3GS and iPod 2G, 3G with 3.1.2 firmware. But the only problem is it works only on Windows. But don’t worry. Its Mac version will be released soon.
Here’s how to jailbreak iPhone 3G, 3GS and iPod 2G, 3G with 3.1.2 firmware with the help of Blackra1n.
1. Download and install iTunes (latest version).
2. Update your iPhone or iPod to original 3.1.2 firmware using iTunes.
3. Download Blackra1n.
4. Run Blackra1n.
5. Click on ” make it ra1n “.
6. Now wait for the iPhone/iPod to reboot automatically. Now in your application list in the iPhone, Blackra1n will be present.
7. Run Blackra1n, download Cydia and let it install it.
8. Restart your iPhone/iPod Touch.
That’s all. Now you have a fresh jailbroken iPhone/iPod Touch in your hands.