The XDA developers (member zexbig) succeeded in obtaining the HTC Desire HD Root process. This method brings permanent root access on the HTC Desire HD. Here, the Paul’s Visionary+ tool is used to root / jailbreak HTC Desire HD. But this rooting method does not apply to the Telus Desire HD. Keep that in mind.
NOTE : Make sure your phone doesn’t have the 1.72 OTA update that was released in December last year.
Here are the instructions to root HTC Desire HD :
- Download Paul’s Visionary+ tool.
- Install Visionary+ tool on Your Desire HD.
- Run the tool and enable the ” Set system r/w after root ” option.
- Choose the ” Temproot Now! ” option and let it finish.
- Now, choose ” Attempt Permroot Now! ” and wait till it finishes the job.
That’s it! You have rooted your HTC Desire HD!
Though not required to flash custom ROM’s on your phone, you may require the engineering version of HBOOT to get S-Off to get some extra functionalities. It is optional and if you need it, head over to this page to check it out!