Another cool development from the XDA developers forum! The Android 3.0 Honeycomb running Motorola Xoom has been overclocked to 1.5 GHz by a member (coolbho3000) in XDA developers forum. The Tegra 2 chip on Motorola Xoom could be overclocked upto a speed of 1.5 GHz!
Here are the steps to Overclock Motorola Xoom to 1.5 GHz :
NOTE : Do this only if you know what you are doing. We are not responsible for any damage done to your device due to this.
1. Unlock Motorola Xoom Bootloader. Follow this guide to do it if you haven’t done it.
3. Download the zip file from : http://www.setcpu.com/files/xoom_ocboot.zip and extract it.
4. Reboot into the bootloader with this command:
adb reboot bootloader
5. Flash the boot image to your boot partition and boot back using :
fastboot flash boot xoom_ocboot.img
6. Push the ‘bcm4329.ko’ file (it could be found in the extracted zip file) to your /system/lib/modules folder and reboot using :
adb push bcm4329.ko /system/lib/modules/bcm4329.ko
After rebooting, it will be set back to 1 GHz again. But the options to overclock would still be present.
via XDA Developers