SpyderComb, the Honeycomb ROM for the HTC Evo 4G has been released. This custom ROM brings some of the features of the Android 3.0 Honeycomb to the HTC Evo 4G. This is just an alpha release, so you can’t expect too much from this one! As it is an alpha release, many functions are broken at the moment.
Here is the list of working functions:
- Bottom buttons (although needs some work still)
- Launcher pro
- ADW launcher
- root explorer
- ROM manager
Here is the list of features which are broken at the moment
- SD card
- Music player
- wifi (works with a fix)
- App drawer
Here is how to install Android 3.0 Honeycomb ROM on HTC Evo 4G
NOTE : Do this at your own risk. We are not responsible for any damage done to your device.
- Download the ROM from here and copy it to the root directory of your device.
- Power off your phone and reboot it into recovery.
- Backup everything.
- Wipe data, cache & Dalvik cache.
- Install the ROM which was copied to the root directory.
- Reboot your device and you are done!
If you had encountered any errors other than the ones mentioned in this post, head over to XDA-Developers and report it!
Visit us again or subscribe to our feeds to stay updated daily with tech news and infos!