We already reported about the release of the JailbreakMe 2.0 Star jailbreak tool by Comex. And we also wrote on how to jailbreak the iPhone 4, 3G, 3GS with JailbreakMe. The new tool could be used to jailbreak all the iDevices. It is also very easy to use.
If you want to jailbreak iPod Touch 1G, 2G or 3G on firmwares between 3.1.2 to 4.0 including these two with JailbreakMe 2.0, then the below given ones are the stesp to do it.
1. Connect your iPod Touch to the computer and take a backup of it in iTunes.
2. Update your iPod Touch to the required firmware ( JailbreakMe supports firmwares between 3.1.2 and 4.0.1 ).
3. Now from your iPod Touch, go to http://jailbreakme.com.
4. Use the ” slide to jailbreak ” button to start the iPod Touch 4.0 jailbreak process.
5. Wait till the process ends. When finished, a message will be shown telling that Cydia has been added to your homescreen.
That’s it! This is how to jailbreak iPod Touch 1G, 2G or 3G with JailbreakMe.